The largest online mobile takeout delivery service in the Carolinas is looking to add a senior member to its leadership team, focused on software engineering.
This role will shape the direction of the Chapel Hill startup, helping it emerge as a leader in the on-demand delivery industry. The VP of engineering will work closely with the company’s founders to implement the crucial software solutions that keep Takeout Central ahead of the Ubers, Postmates, and the Instacarts of the world.
In Takeout Central’s multiple markets across North Carolina and Tennessee, the business is already fulfilling hundreds of thousands of orders, but the team is aiming for millions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a current senior developer that is self-motivated to make a noticeable difference in the continued success of Takeout Central. The growing company needs its first full-time engineer who can build features on its existing platform, build the development team and set the direction of Takeout Central’s technology stack down the road.
What You Will Do:
- Build customer and internal facing features with already completed HTML/CSS.
- Initially, expect to be coding 35 hours a week as you will be more player than coach.
- Work through a well defined product feature/requirements list.
- Test new software components before launch.
- Build robust, secure and scalable software.
- Work with API’s of other leading companies.
- Work with the API for iOS/Android mobile applications.
- Build the next generation of Takeout Central’s backend.
- Hire, train and manage future technology employees.
- Contribute to the direction of the company’s technology.
What You Will Need:
- A degree in Computer Science.
- An entrepreneurial mindset—you’ll help set strategy, not just manage the code base.
- Demonstrable projects and results from 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Passion for developing, releasing and maintaining large-scale web applications.
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership in your work.
- Self-motivated drive to build, launch and iterate on products under pressure.
- A strong understanding of a scripting language such as PHP or Perl.
- Experience in relational data modeling and MySQL.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience using git.
- Confidence learning new languages and experimenting with new APIs.
**This job requires full-time work in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Relocation allowance is not provided.Apply Now