PrecisionLender is currently interested in talking to software engineers of all experience levels. If you’re looking for a challenge, drop a line or apply!
The company is always looking for strong engineers who have put a few crashed programs, bugs and product releases behind them. You meet the technical skills and professional expectations below, having experience taking small multi-week tasks from design all the way through to delivery as well as working on larger components or features (1-2+ months) with more senior oversight. You have a history of hard work and are enthusiastic about the field, eager enough to pursue topics of interest on the side.
You want to help build products that make a difference in the world and are enthusiastic to have the opportunity to help individual users become awesome. You’re going to come on board eager to start pushing the production deployment button, but with the empathy to always build with the customer in mind and balance speed of delivery with building quality in from the beginning.
You will be expected to interact with customers on a regular basis, take individual responsibility for features (from customer contact to final delivery), work with more senior members on larger efforts, and take part in continuously improving the product and company.
- B.S. in computer science or engineering or additional experience in the field.
- High level of proficiency in at most of Precision Lender’s core technologies below.
- Fundamentals or better in at least a few other technologies (that don’t have to be on the list).
- Some experience using some form of source control and unit testing.
- Experience troubleshooting and taking responsibility for small features, from design to user delivery.
- Empathy for the end user and a desire to measure your work by both the customer value and technical quality.
- A bias for action tempered with thinking about the implications of the work you’re doing.
- Enthusiasm for the field and professional development/improvement outside the day-to-day job.
PrecisionLender looks for engineers that are comfortable working in a team setting, as well as working individually under their own responsibility. Regardless of experience level, all of the company’s engineers strive to learn more than they knew yesterday. The team prides itself on elevating the folks around them. PrecisionLender encourages growth of leadership and communication skills, and encourages engineers at all levels of experience to both take ownership of increasingly harder work and to work directly with users on small features and bugs.
The PrecisionLender development process is heavily influenced by Lean Principles and a bias for action and borrows tools from a variety of sources. The team challenges themselves, their tools, and the processes to continuously improve. PrecisionLender talks to customers early and often, measures completeness from the customer’s perspective and challenges itself to deliver well-engineered software frequently.
- .NET 4.5, C#.
- ASP.NET MVC and Web API.
- .NET Unit Testing, Mock Frameworks.
- MS SQL Server / T-SQL, Windows Azure SQL.
- Source Control (git).
- Cloud Computing (Windows Azure, PaaS and IaaS).
Other Common Technologies / Concepts:
- Advanced .NET concepts: .NET Portable Class Libraries, Threading, advanced database development or administration in SQL Server or Azure SQL
- Operations: Build, Test, and Deployment Automation
- Distributed Computing
- Object Serialization – persistence and caching over long lifetimes and mixed environments
The PrecisionLender team works on the full stack, from front-end UI in HTML to database development to back-end event projection into windows azure storage. They don’t all have the same skills, though, so features that require more specialized skills often go to the same people. Many features are smaller and the responsibility of a single developer to complete, from top to bottom, so experience working at all levels is expected. PrecisionLender uses git for version control, every commit runs through our continuous integration environment, and automated deployment goes out daily. The team looks for similar experience in new developers.
The office shares lunch company-wide on Fridays to update one another on everything from financials to customer onboarding to the latest features they released. The team has formal and informal reviews that they challenge and revise just as much as the code they’re producing. The CEO and VP of software engineering develop software when their other responsibilities allow.
What You’ll Get:
PrecisionLender strives to provide a generous and comprehensive benefits package to help you stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a great work/life balance. The company offers competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k, real raise and bonus potential, and contributes to your Health Savings Account (HSA). The open vacation, sick day, have-to-go-wait-for-the-cable-guy policy is similarly generous, feel free to ask. On top of all that, you’ll be surrounded by awesome people who care deeply about what they do and will do whatever it takes to help YOU succeed.Apply Now