Spreedly is seeking a sales engineer who will make an immediate impact on its rapidly growing team. You will help drive revenue by your involvement in prospect discussions, and providing technical guidance and direction around new customer integrations to Spreedly services. You will also be the technical point-of-contact when educating third-party partners (gateways, API services) wishing to integrate to Spreedly to service customer base.
A member of Spreedly’s Success team, you will work closely with smaller month-to-month customers. You’ll be expected to help drive new processes related to all technical aspects of onboarding and churn minimization and support the Success team in their interactions with prospects and customers. In addition, you’ll support the Enterprise team and their needs for a dedicated product expert and technical resource for larger, contract based opportunities.
You will be the first sales engineer at Spreedly, so you must be comfortable being a self-starter and taking ownership of the work you do. The company is looking for someone who has deep technical knowledge and coding chops; Spreedly is an API based service selling to developers, so this is critical. This role is unique in that you’ll be working with higher volume month-to-month and traditional enterprise prospects; you’ll need to relish the challenge of switching hats regularly. This position requires a deep understanding of the technology Spreedly can offer in regards to prospect/customer needs and goals.
- Become a revenue-driven technical product expert and an internal resource for prospects and customers (P/C) across both monthly and enterprise teams
- Participate in P/C calls and travel to customer sites for face-to-face meetings
- Expect to travel 2-4 days per month
- Create and utilize presentations, sample apps and other tools to aid in storytelling as it relates to the different services provided by Spreedly
- Capture feedback from prospects around new and improved features and feed that back into the Product, Sales. Engineering and Leadership teams
- Contribute technical content to the Spreedly blog to aid in education and awareness of Spreedly
- Attend industry meetups, conferences and events to promote Spreedly and the product
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills; presentation/public speaking experience a big plus
- A minimum of three years in a sales engineering role, preferably with a SaaS-based offering
- Comfortable participating on Enterprise level calls with CTO and director-level customers
- Strong engineering background with a people/consultative approach to solving people’s problems
- Founder-like drive to take initiative and ownership over starting and building out departmental strategy
Spreedly offers the following benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Life, AD&D, Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-sponsored 401k plan
- Paid Family Leave
- Open vacation policy
- Remote work days (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays)
- Paid lunches on in-office days (Tuesdays, Thursdays)