As Durham’s MATI Energy prepares for national expansion after a recent $2.5 million fundraise, it is looking to add a bright, motivated logistics coordinator to its rapidly-growing operations team. This position will coordinate both inbound and outbound shipments and help keep MATI operations running. You’ll support both MATI’s production facility in Clayton and a variety of cross-functional warehouses. A typical day will require multi-tasking and finding creative solutions to ensure customers and partners receive their MATI on time.
A successful candidate will have work experience in supply chain or related field, superior analytical, communication and organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment, possess high aspirations and have a strong desire to join a startup business.
- Lead carrier management processes, freight quotes and contract management for domestic freight (both inbound and outbound).
- Manage logistic providers (i.e. carriers, freight payment directed to account payable, SOS inventory).
- Determine/define all order preparation and delivery customer requirements to ensure optimization of logistics execution.
- Be in direct contact with UPS, USPS and FedEx to optimize a shipping price for e-commerce.
- Define the best material handling methods within the warehouse operations.
- Establish and monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems or customer issues.
- Manage the transportation network to the production facilities.
- Monitor and manage on time delivery performance.
- Responsible for managing third party freight payments including the accrual process for fiscal month closings.
- Develop systems and processes to ensure continuous service improvement.
- Communicate key activities that impact to the distribution center operations.
- Develop and adhere to the transportation budget.
- Train and develop the organization in managing parcel freight cost.
- Address issues with carrier performance and develop plans to correct issues.
- In partnership with the production department, manage and monitor inbound freight shipment to the distribution centers.
- Provide strategic analysis to management team with daily, weekly, monthly reports.
- Develop and recommend plans related to gathered information and reporting.
- BS/BSE in food science, chemical engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in either CPG or food/beverage manufacturing.
- Strong background leveraging supply chain, logistics and continuous improvement tools/methodologies to drive customer fulfillment, quality, cost, inventory management and safety.
- Experience working with ERP Systems-SAP experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented professional with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and produce quality work under tight deadlines.
- Pragmatic optimist and team player.
- Excited to live the MATI culture of “Do more, be better.”
- Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time, up to eight hours.
- Must be able to frequently move/transport product weighing up to 50 pounds across facility.
- Must be able to regularly ascend/descend ladders, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned and or to make general observations of facilities or structures.