About This Position:
You’ve scaled teams and products before, and have a desire to join a fast-growing company and make a difference. You will be a part of the core engineering team at Savii, responsible for building new features and maintaining all parts of the core product. This includes backend web development (.net) as well as data and application-serving infrastructure.
You will need to wear many hats and be comfortable across the stack and are able to strategically lead a project team to successful delivery. You are excited to mentor, influence and lead a team, and you are an expert in at least one language or domain, and maybe in two or more.
- Architecture: You should be comfortable working with your team to craft a design: choosing the appropriate technology and designing a solution that both answers the problem at hand, and stays within constraints.
- Coding: Savii’s leads never go post-technical. The company thinks it’s important for technical leadership to continue to code. As a lead, Savii is looking for a breadth of experience in a many languages, and expertise in one or two: .net is high on the list. You should also be up to speed on practices like TDD, continuous integration, pairing and infrastructure automation.
- Agile: Savii believes strongly in agile delivery practices, having implemented them for the team and for clients for a long time now. You should be very comfortable working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery practices—and love it as much as the Savii team does.
- Mentoring a team and bringing them up to speed on new languages and skills. The team learns from each other, but with the breadth of technical experience you’ll bring to the table, you’ll be an invaluable teacher to your less-experienced peers.
- Thinking big and acting fast. You’ll need a startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage competing priorities, that you’re ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly, and that you understand the role you and your team play in major organizations’ tech strategies.
- Influencing priorities, for both the team and the stakeholders. You understand both the business problem and the technical solution, and you’re able to advocate for excellence and effect change when necessary.
- Providing leadership, management, direction and vision to software engineers and/or development employees including offshore contractors/consultants and interns needed to support, run and change activities in the software development life cycle.
- Finesse. In this job, you’ll be using your people skills as much as your coding skills.
The position will report progress to senior management. Additional responsibilities may include oversight of the department budget, identifying and supporting talent, and defining resource requirements and allocations.Apply Now