Durham’s Smashing Boxes is seeking an experienced and passionate iOS developer to join its mobile team in building the next generation of intuitive and beautiful applications for iPhone and iPad. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute the startup’s technical strategy while working with a group of talented developers. You’ll work alongside the Smashing Boxes product and design teams to implement highly interactive and branded interfaces.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Design and develop iOS applications using Agile methodologies.
- Work closely with design and web teams to create compelling and inspiring applications.
- 1+ years of professional iOS programming experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Objective-C, Cocoa, and the iOS SDK.
- Understanding of Test-driven Development (TDD)/Behavior-driven Development (BDD).
- 10 paid holidays (includes your birthday off!).
- 15 days of paid vacation accrued your first year, 20 days after three years, and 25 days after five.
- Health and dental coverage with 100 percent of employee premiums paid by Smashing Boxes.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Honor-system work-from-home sick leave, plus two “I’m not working at all” sick days.
- Three months fully paid maternity leave; one month fully paid paternity leave.
- Flexible work schedule including work from home options.
- Simple IRA with 3 percent company match.
- Coffee, snacks, beer on tap from local breweries.
- Innovation time every Friday afternoon.
- Ongoing learning opportunities and support.