Spoonflower is seeking a front end developer to help the company build out its product offering and develop new features. This position is best suited for a creative, experienced engineer who lives and breathes HTML/CSS/JS. The ideal candidate should be able to provide meaningful collaboration, work well with tight knit engineering, product, marketing and design teams and be excited for the opportunity to contribute directly to the development and maintenance of Spoonflower’s technology and community.
This Position Will be Responsible for the Following:
- Continuously improving the existing codebase.
- Monitoring quality, optimizing performance and developing test coverage and methodologies for continuous code release.
- Implementing compelling, functional, mobile- friendly user interfaces that support the success of Spoonflower technology.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Defining and communicating best practices for web-based user interface engineering across the organization.
- Advocating for accessibility and usability while also pushing for design innovation.
- Considering every last detail of the user experience, from core functionality to subtle, delightful interactions and transitions.
Who is Spoonflower Looking For?
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer or web developer.
- Experience designing and developing transactional, responsive web applications.
- Articulate, concise and professional written and verbal communications.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- An affinity for crafting or the DIY movement in general preferred.
What Can Spoonflower Offer You?
At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of the workplace. The team encourages a casual, family-friendly office space and loves when employees are just as creative and passionate as customers. Spoonflower’s team is full of multitalented individuals who embody—like customers—a DIY ethic and embrace hard work.
As part of Spoonflower, the company offers team members outstanding benefits, including company paid medical coverage for employees and their families, generous time off benefits, the support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and advance within the company. Plus, a monthly fabric/wallpaper allowance!
Spoonflower has a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas and therefore will be searching locally for this position.Apply Now