As Durham’s MATI Energy prepares for national expansion after a recent $2.5 million fundraise, it is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and ambitious district sales representative to accelerate the development of the high growth energy drink business. A successful candidate will have two to three years of experience in food/beverage sales, and is an enthusiastic, self-driven and organized individual with a passion for personal and professional development, who can learn quickly to adapt to MATI’s changing business needs.
The district sales representative will report to the regional sales manager. This role will be responsible for driving sales through account openings, relationship development, product samplings and partnering with local distributors to achieve sales objectives. They will support sales team strategies and create new business development opportunities through strategic account expansion to deliver sales, volume and profit plan. Additionally, they will ensure distributors’ focus on brand development, marketing investment, in-stock and fresh inventory, and joint business plan commitments.
- Develop relationships with existing accounts in the area to drive MATI sales.
- Grow the territory by opening new accounts in coordination with local distributors.
- Joint business plan development and ownership of new account targets for each distributor.
- Educate retail accounts, distributor reps and consumers regarding MATI product benefits, story and marketing initiatives.
- Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to develop relationship, manage displays and add points of distribution.
- Upsell into additional cold space or shelf space, getting case stacks and securing in-store promotions.
- Manage order fulfillment process and ensure in-stock and accuracy of demand projections.
- In-stock accountability, scorecard and KPI management at each distributor.
- Identify opportunities in community to increase awareness of MATI.
- Communicate success stories, key learning and monthly activity reporting to sales and marketing management.
- Advocate the MATI culture and brand of “Do More. Be Better.”
- 2-3 years of food/beverage sales, distribution or related sales experience. Beverage industry experience preferred.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven success in sales call strategies and working with or for a distributor.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and influence others.
- Presentation planning and sales materials development experience.
- Ability to manage a sales budget and provide weekly reporting on performance.
- Strategic and innovative approach to developing product awareness in retail stores.
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them.
- Takes a creative approach to problem solving; can adjust to changing priorities.
- Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise and product between accounts within assigned territory.
- Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to frequently move/transport product and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time, up to eight hours.