The brand ambassador’s role is to build store-level and consumer-level product awareness. Your job is to introduce products to customers and to store staff (providing product education to both), promoting immediate and residual sales, and creating brand theater (i.e., showing excitement for the brand while staying on brand message) in the store.
This position also gathers consumer feedback for internal use. The individual must possess a strong knowledge of foods and have excellent interpersonal skills. This position is available in many metropolitan areas in the United States. If you think you have what it takes, please apply!
- Plan weekly store visits in your area locations, including calling/emailing to schedule demos.
- Perform three to four-hour product demonstrations, one or two times per week, preferably all on weekends.
- Work to ensure all demos are effectively and efficiently facilitated including set up, clean up and completing paperwork for each demo.
- Sell product via samples, cooking/serving suggestions and personal experience.
- Creatively merchandise product for sale off demo table and instruct consumers to everyday placement for their return purchases.
- Work with stores one or two weeks prior to demos to ensure ample product for demos is ordered, and that product is reordered after demos.
- Communicate with stores regarding in-store product availability or changes in demo schedule.
- Inform manager of any forecast needs for demo supplies and maintain demo equipment as needed.
- Follow and comply with established procedures in stores, including health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Take marketing photos while in stores for social media and also of shelf for internal use.
- Collect names of staff in stores, including business cards, and build positive relationships.
- Work with store staff to improve product placement on shelf and increase number of product facings when possible.
*NOTE: This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned, yet main goals are elaborated here.*
- Previous experience conducting and/or organizing store demos with ability to sell food products.
- Basic to intermediate cooking skills (able to cook with and without a recipe) and strong demonstrated food knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to knowledgeably and enthusiastically communicate recipes and product lines to customers. Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to complete all tasks in a thorough and timely manner.
- Ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Proficient with Word, Excel, email and the internet.
- Proper use of knives or other cooking tools, personal protective equipment, hand trucks and all other equipment used during preparation, and clean up within stores.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the stores, including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (cooking pots, cooking pans, outdoors, indoors, etc.).
Pay is $17.50/hour (includes scheduling time, writing reports, and conducting in-store work). Mileage reimbursement at federal rate for round trips over 15 miles: $0.54 (logs to be submitted).
Target weekly hours range from six to eight hours (one or two demos per week, preferably on weekends).Apply Now