- This event has passed.
Application Deadline: Show Me the Money Pitch Competition
Is your Pitch worth $25,000?
On October 9 at the UNC-Asheville Sherrill Center, five high-growth entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to compete for $25,000 in cash and prizes in the Show Me the Money Pitch Competition. The top five presenters will be selected by the judging panel from the pool of applications.
Applications will be accepted between September 6 and 25, with candidates notified of acceptance on September 29.
- Early-stage for-profit company (under five years old).
- Headquartered within Western North Carolina (Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Cherokee, Clay, EBCI, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga, Wilkes, Yancey Counties).
- Have at least one full-time employee (can include founder/owner).
- Must submit a completed application within the designated window (September 6-25).
- Must purchase a Day one ticket to the “Show Me the Money Conference + Funding Expo” on October 9, 2017 (at the time of application submission).
- Six minute pitches, with five minutes question and answer.
- Limit of five slides in presentation.
- Address the following topics:
- IDEA: What is your problem and who is your market? Why is this an opportunity?
- COMPANY: How does your business work? Where are your customers and how do you make money?
- LEADERSHIP: Who are you and why are you equipped to lead this venture? Who else are you working with?
- NEEDS: What do you need to take this idea to the next level? What are you asking for?